BEFORE THE CHALLENGE: STEP 1: The Manifesto

Project Charlotte Rosebud is a personal challenge to myself, Mother of Rosebud, to make all of my Charlotte's new clothes going forward for the next year, starting in July of 2012. 


Here are a few guidelines for my challenge. My Husband has a set of 5 simple rules for being a good kid that he uses with our daughter (no lying, no cheating, no stealing, no fighting, and no breaking things). Let's see if I can come up with something equally simple that I can actually stick to.


1--I shall not purchase any new clothes that I can make myself. 
2--I will research how to make something before I determine that it is something I can't make.
3--I will "re-purpose" where possible. Recycle other clothing, cut and add fabric panels or patches, to "save" clothes currently in use. 
4--I will search my stash for usable materials before going to the store and buying more.
5--I will try to purchase locally anything not available in my stash, or through recycling.


I think that is as good a start as any. 

Comments

Popular Posts