Outline--Sew Crazy--Plotting a year of Mayhem

A picture of me modifying a muslin mock up of
a bodice to a dress I'm working on currently
So, before I get crazy with all my sewing, I thought I should actually focus on what my plans are for the coming year.  Below I've sketched out a rough timeline of what kind of projects I might be working on throughout the year. This is, of course, a loose guide that will most likely be modified and doesn't include any spur of the moment "must-sew/knit-now" items that may pop up due to necessity. 




My Seam Allowance Calendar


June/July/August:  Summer Dresses for Mama and Baby, Stretchy pants for under dresses, Birthday Prep.

September/October: Sweaterly Knitting (shawls, ponchos, socks/stockings and tights). Practical dresses or skirts and simple blouses to wear with cardis.  Halloween costumes.

November/December:Hoodies and other cut and sew sweaters including pajamas and sweats. Slippers. Gifts.

January/February: blouses for the whole family. Cut and sew warm weather easy knits (ie. T-Shirts and yoga pants)

March/April: Spring/Easter dresses. Slacks and Jumpers

May/June:Activewear. Swim attire/Cycling running gear. Birthday prep.




Again, this is just a loose schedule of proposed projects, subject to change based on my own schedule/availability, and needs. Dotted within all of these major undertakings will be a number of smaller projects of sewing an knitting that don't really fit here. I hope to also occasionally post tutorials on some of the techniques I'll be showing off on my projects as I progress throughout the year.

Thank you for reading!







Comments

Popular Posts